Harm Reduction

There are many dozens of species of mushroom, both native and introduced, that grow wild in the UK. Some are edible, a few have hallucinogenic properties, but many are highly toxic to humans. If eaten, they can cause any number of health problems, from mild stomach cramps to coma and, in extreme cases, even death. It is therefore extremely dangerous to pick them, and you should never do so unless you’re with someone who knows exactly what species they are.

  • If you are taking them already prepared, make sure you start with very small amounts until you learn your own dose tolerance.
  • Remember that Fly Agaric is considerably more potent than the psilocybes, so take this into account when dosing (use smaller amounts).

Try to make sure you’re with friends or people you trust, or at least make sure someone knows where you are.